17040 El Camino Real
Suite 400

Houston, TX 77058
Telephone: 281-486-5066
Fax: 281-486-2041

LC Rating

Modifying Court Orders in Texas

Divorce, like marriage, is a legal process – and the terms of a divorce are legally binding. This means that things like child support and custody are determined and enforced through court orders, and making changes to these arrangements while staying on the right side of the law requires changing the court orders.

If you need legal advice about making post-divorce modifications or wish to petition to modify a court order in Galveston and surrounding areas, Wilfried P. Schmitz & Associates, P.C. can help.

Post-Divorce Modifications

A divorce decree or court order can be modified after the fact, according to the Texas Family Code. Common modifications include:

In general, property division arrangements are not eligible to be modified. However, because custody and support arrangements made at one point in a child’s life may not continue to be relevant later on, one or more changes may be required after a divorce – and an experienced family law attorney can help you petition for changes and ensure your interests are protected.

Legal Support and Counsel in Galveston, TX

With over 30 years of experience practicing family law in the Galveston area, Wilfried P. Schmitz & Associates, P.C. is a knowledgeable and trusted family law firm for handling your issues of divorce and custody. Whether you need help filing to modify a court order or filing a countersuit against your ex, we can help.

Contact us today to arrange a consultation to discuss your individual needs. We can establish a plan that will protect your interests and stay up-to-date with your lifestyle.

Call 281-486-5066 for more information about Galveston divorce.

Texas Board of Legal Specialization

Contact Us

Your Name (required)

Your Phone Number

Your Email (required)


Your Message