Child Custody Cases in Houston, TX
At one time it may have been true that mothers won the overwhelming majority of custody suits – but that is no longer the case today. Child custody is
a complex issue requiring extensive legal knowledge and experience to ensure your parental rights and the best interests of the child are protected.
If you need to negotiate custody or modify an existing custody arrangement, the Houston-area family law offices of Wilfried P. Schmitz & Associates, P.C. can help.
Custody disputes can become complex, with a number of factors playing a role in a judge’s decision including:
- The stability of the home
- A parent’s relationship with the child
- A parent’s ability to provide for the child
- The overall health of the parent
- Community involvement and education opportunities for the child
A judge will grant custody with the child’s best interests in mind – and your attorney can help you prepare the best case.
Custody Issues Beyond Divorce
As a family law attorney, Wilfried P. Schmitz is more than a divorce lawyer. He is committed to helping families through their difficult transitions, protecting their interests and rights through issues like:
- Post-divorce custody and support modifications
- Filing suits for unpaid child support
- Filing paternity suits
- Relocation suits for parents in shared custody situations
We understand that every situation is unique, and we will work with you to find the solution that best fits your needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our experienced Houston family law lawyer.