17040 El Camino Real
Suite 400

Houston, TX 77058
Telephone: 281-486-5066
Fax: 281-486-2041

LC Rating

Modifying Court Orders in Houston

When a divorce is finalized, its terms become legally binding. In order to adjust your custody, child support, or other divorce terms, you will need to petition to change the standing court order. The family law offices of Wilfried P. Schmitz & Associates, P.C. can help you with this and other family law issues you may face.

Post-Divorce Modifications

Sometimes life circumstances change after divorce, and arrangements that once worked for your family are no
longer relevant. If you need to modify a court order for custody, visitation or child support, you will need to follow the appropriate procedure. Otherwise, if you act without court approval, you could put yourself at risk of legal action.

Changing a court order requires paperwork to be filed with the county clerk, and a court or mediation hearing. You should be sure to consult with a family law attorney prior to making any modifications to ensure that all processes are followed correctly.

Trusted Houston Family Law Attorney

For more than 30 years, Wilfried P. Schmitz & Associates, P.C. has helped Houston’s families through their difficult times of transitions, including divorce and post-divorce modifications to custody and support agreements. Count on us to provide the legal counsel and representation you need to protect your interests and guide you through these often difficult times.

Contact us today to schedule a consultation or to learn more about our board-certified family law attorney.

Call 281-486-5066 for more information about our firm or to schedule a consultation.

Texas Board of Legal Specialization

Contact Us

Your Name (required)

Your Phone Number

Your Email (required)


Your Message