17040 El Camino Real
Suite 400

Houston, TX 77058
Telephone: 281-486-5066
Fax: 281-486-2041

LC Rating

Post-Divorce Modifications for Houston Families

The terms of divorce are legally binding, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be changed. A family’s circumstances can change over time, and terms that made sense years ago may no longer be best. If you need to change a court order or otherwise modify your divorce after it’s been settled, the family law team at Wilfried P. Schmitz & Associates, P.C. can help.

Modifying a Court Order

In general, property division cannot be modified after the divorce is settled. However, child custody and support, as well as spousal support, can be changed to reflect changing circumstances. There are many reasons this may be necessary.

For example, one party may have recently lost their job or changed careers, leading to a difference in income that may affect support payments. Or, a custody arrangement that made sense for a toddler may not be practical for a school-aged child.

The circumstances leading to a post-divorce modification are as varied as the families that need them – which is why having an attorney experienced in this type of family law is so important.

Houston Family Law Services

For over 30 years, Wilfried P. Schmitz & Associates, P.C. has helped Houston-area families through life’s times of transition. Whether you need help navigating divorce court or responding to a modification suit, we are here to guide you through the process, answer your questions, and represent you in court if necessary.

To learn more about our legal services, or to schedule a consultation with our family law attorney, contact us today.

Call 281-486-5066 today to schedule a consultation.

Texas Board of Legal Specialization

Contact Us

Your Name (required)

Your Phone Number

Your Email (required)


Your Message