Helping You Navigate The Most Personal Legal Issues
Family law issues can significantly alter your life. When legal matters hit close to home, affecting you and your loved ones, you need sound guidance to strategically find a solution.
At Wilfried P. Schmitz & Associates, P.C., we have assisted individuals and families in Texas since 1984. We realize the challenging nature of making critically important decisions without the right guidance. We are committed to helping you effectively navigate the issues you face.
Family Law Matters Are Not One Dimensional
Family law matters are complicated, with multiple considerations and decisions intertwined into each legal issue. Attorney Schmitz assists families with a wide array of legal matters, including:
- Divorce — We assist with complex issues that accompany the dissolution of a marriage and separation, including those of high-income families.
- Modification of orders — Life changes may warrant a change to court orders. We provide guidance throughout proposed modifications.
- Spousal support — Sometimes, the spouse is not able to meet his or her reasonable financial needs post divorce. We represent your interests whether you are the obligor or obligee.
- Child custody and support — Issues affecting your children, including their living arrangements and financial support, are challenging. We assist with these sensitive issues.
- Property division — Community property laws in Texas can be complicated and confusing. We will provide strategic guidance to help you navigate through the process.
- Paternity suits — When a child is born outside of marriage, paternity is often in question. We assist parents with issues involving legal fatherhood and fathers’ rights.
- Pre- and postmarital agreements — Pre- or postnuptial agreements guard against the unknown. We draft and review agreements.
- Protective orders — We represent families seeking an order as well as individuals who were served a protective order and require legal defense.
We will provide you with dedicated guidance whether you face one or several family law issues.
Why Work With A Board-Certified Specialist
Attorney Schmitz is board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. This certification asserts his knowledge and substantial experience in Texas family law. With this, you can trust in Mr. Schmitz’s commitment to sound, strategic legal advice on matters affecting you and your loved ones.
Discuss Your Case With A Lawyer
Consulting with a family law attorney can provide peace of mind during a turbulent time. Contact our office to schedule a consultation. Call us at 281-954-3404 or send us an email. Our firm serves clients in Harris, Galveston, Fort Bend, Brazoria and Liberty counties.